- All searches are case insensitive – i.e. the case of the characters is not important.
- FRED is the same as fred
- You can use the ‘*’ wild card to find a broader match
- world – will search for “world” and find titles that contain the WORD “world” anywhere in the title
- wor* – will find titles that contain words that START with “wor” (e.g. work, world, wordt, words, etc.)
- There isn’t an “ends with” search
- Common words
- We ignore common words and characters such as where, the, how, and other digits and letters which slow down your search without improving the results.
- ‘OR‘ Search
- To find pages that include either of two search terms, add an OR between the terms
- For example, here’s how to search for a vacation in either London or Paris
- vacation london OR paris
- ‘AND‘ Search
- To find pages that include both search terms, add an AND between the terms
- For example, here’s how to search for a vacation in either USA and Canada
- vacation USA AND Canada